Monday, June 11, 2018

Transferring Data From Etap To Google Sheets

Not only have I discovered how to transfer data from Etap to google sheets, but also to screen cast. 


The other fabulous learning I took away from the day, were the possibilities google forms have for teaching and learning.
During the day I created a student reflection form using SOLO Taxonomy. I will attach this to the students learning site for them to reflect on after learning sessions. 



Reflection Later in the Week

It took two failed attempts to successfully send out the form (I had sent the children the form with editing rights, and couldn't for the life of me figure out how to change this)....which became the perfect opportunity for the children to see me as a learner, as they watched my frustration and perseverance, they promptly laughed and told me I was in the 'dip' and to not give up. 

The students were really excited to fill out the google form about their learning. I used it with half the class after a DIMC problem solving session. I was really pleased with the ease and understanding of SOLO symbols as a way to reflect on where they were in the learning process. They were able to transfer physically showing me with their SOLO hand signals to clicking it on the google form. I think the insertion of pictures helped with this. 


Some of the answers to the questions didn't relate to maths e.g. riding around the bike track, but overall they wrote reflections that I can use to facilitate their next learning steps. 
The pie graph was a great way to indicate where they are with this particular learning. I was also excited to see that from the one maths problem multiple opportunities happened, one of the powerful things I'm noticing about the DIMC model.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jo, it was great to meet you on Friday. I agree with you there are so many possibilities with google and we are just starting to scratch the surface. I have tried comprehension using a form today and the children were amazed at the statistics that came out of it. The idea of downloading information from e-tap is also going to make the task of analyzing easier.

    ReplyDelete

Our Happy Place

Here is the Green Team creating sunbathing rocks for the butterflies in our pollination garden.  There is nothing more beautiful than our ch...